1. Clean the outside surfaces in regular intervals.
2. Use temperature-resistant Molykote on screws.
3. Clean centering devices and sealing surfaces and remove the burs at the flangs facings.
4. Check the connecting cables to the heating installations and the temperature sensors for ruptures.
5. Polish the extrusion channels (spray in corrosion preventive for storage).
6. When using ultrasonic cleaning bath the right standardization of the acid concentration (max. 4% of phosphoric acid) is imperative as otherwise the die steel is corroded. The same applies for the precise adherence to the cleaning duration in the ultrasonic cleaning bath (max. 45 minutes).
Use cleaning tools made of brass or copper only to avoid damaging the flange facings.